In this episode of Freedom Lovin, Kevin discusses the misunderstood concepts of selfishness, individualism, and collectivism. Most modern people attach moral values to these terms, though their actual definitions have nothing to do with morality.
Is it possible to be an individualist and still benefit others? Is being a collectivist necessarily the same as being unselfish? Kevin dives into each of these terms in detail to find out.
- The unique vibe in Austin and the perspective of Kevin’s friend who moved from China to California to Austin
- The objectivist ethic of selfishness and its proper meaning
- The idea of “value for value”
- The objectivist ethic of individualism and its definition
- Why there is no such thing as a collective
- The collective vs. individualist answers to: “What is ‘wrong’ with us?”
- Why being individualist is not synonymous with being selfish
- The Virtue of Selfishness by Ayn Rand
- For The New Intellectual by Ayn Rand
Follow Freedom Lovin’:
Please give us a rating & review on iTunes!