In this episode, Kevin interviews Tom Casano. Tom grew up in Long Island, New York and worked full-time as an SEO consultant and digital marketer. He is also the founder of Sure Oak consulting firm.
Tom built his first website at age 13, studied philosophy at Providence College, and spent 10 years trading in the stock market. In 2013, he started working on SEO for his business, Life Coach Spotter.
In this episode, Tom also shared how he transitioned from being a freelancer SEO consultant to having his own business. In addition, Kevin also talked about his Wim Hof experience.
If you’re looking to transition from freelancing to managing your own business, this episode is for you!
Topics discussed :
- Tom’s backstory
- On starting a business
- How he learned SEO and started offering SEO consulting services
- How “The Foundation” helped him start his business
- Learning from his failures and setbacks
- Knowing when to give up
- Building up the credibility on your profile
- Varying rates as a freelancer in Upwork
- Cultural difference
- How he used Upwork in hiring
- What he looks for when hiring people
- Transitioning from Upwork to Sure Oak SEO
- Getting new clients
- Hiring the right people
- His typical day at work before versus now
- Building SOPs
- Future plans
And much more
Wim Hof Method
The Iceman Vice Documentary
Dane Maxwell’s The Foundation
SPI 046: Building a Lucrative Business with No Ideas, No Expertise, and No Money with Dane Maxwell
Follow Freedom Lovin ‘:
Join our Facebook Group:
Please give us a rating & review on iTunes!
Freedom Lovin ‘on iTunes