In this episode of Freedom Lovin, Kevin continues his exploration of Alfie Kohn’s Punished by Rewards, commenting on the important difference between intrinsic motivation and external motivation and how the former can be encouraged, rather than snuffed out by the modern education system.
- Kevin’s experience travelling to Brazil during COVID
- How intrinsic motivation is superior to external motivations for eliciting certain behaviors, especially in students
- The mistake of trying to “motivate” children
- Constructivism vs. behaviorism
- The teacher being the “guide on the side” rather than the “sage on the stage”
- The effect of obedience as a virtue
- Punished by Rewards by Alfie Kohn
Follow Freedom Lovin’:
Please give us a rating & review on iTunes!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download